Friday, November 9, 2018

Connection and Intimacy

It is amazing how a little perspective can change something. K's BFF is making some curious choices in her marriage and it spurred some connection and intimacy in our relationship. It has felt so nice to be reconnected like that again after a fairly long period of time. I'm not sure if we have had that kind of intimacy in over a year. Scary to say that... We have had plenty of sex, but usually it was a means to an end and not something that was romantic and felt like a connection.

I think that is the one thing I would want our kids to understand. That sex does not equate intimacy and connection, a trusting, loving relationship is the only thing that can do that. Sex is often enjoyable in many ways, but intimacy is life-giving and soul enriching.

Also, all of that happened after my anxiety stuff earlier on Wednesday. K really is my perfect match, she was firm in having a better way to respond when I cannot reach her, but still very loving and understanding. I'm not sure how I got so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment