Monday, November 26, 2018

Family Time

So, this Thanksgiving, we spent almost 5 straight days with K's family. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but, it was fairly fun. I'm glad they are in this new house with so many different gathering spaces. We could play games and watch movies in the basement. Eat and hang out in the kitchen area. The family room is attached to the kitchen and was home to lots of cooking shows and TV episodes. The formal living room was a getaway to talk to others without the TV or a great place to read a book. With 4 bedrooms, all of the out of towners had their own spaces too. Only problem was there was a lack of parking, but the neighbors were gone and we were able to use their driveway. I hope K and I can have a house like this someday, it felt nice to be included.

We made an epic cheese board (that cost almost $200) and everyone kept going on and on about it. I think we will have to make one every year now. I made some epic mashed potatoes and a green bean casserole as well. It was fun to show off my cooking abilities, I've gotten fairly good at making food.

K said we could spend that much time with my family over Christmas, but I don't think I would want to! My dad would make me mad more than he already does if we spent that much time together.

I hope this is another step towards acceptance though. I can only hope that the vote in February won't make it even harder with all of the UMC crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment