Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Whoa. I'm old now.

What a trip! I had completely forgotten about this blog that I started 7 1/2 years ago. The girl writing it was so unabashedly hopeful it makes me yearn for those years. Though, if I am being honest, that girl was a hot damn mess in so many ways!

I'm still the same musical loving, sports obsessed, (somewhat) hopeful person.  I've found the woman who will love me back no matter what and the job I know I can do for the rest of my career.  I'm not living paycheck to paycheck, but I'm not wealthy either. I'm attending a church and feeling more connected spiritually than I have since I was in high school. In the same breath, I could not be more frustrated with the circumstances surrounding organized religion and the role it is playing in my impending marriage (yes, I am engaged! 23 year old me is completely surprised that I finally found someone worthwhile).

I've learned some hard lessons along the way, made numerous critical mistakes that could have been prevented, and felt some incredible pain (both emotional and physical, fucking gallbladders & kidneys).  The older I get, the more I realize "adulting" is making good decisions and acting on them in a timely manner over and over and over and over again. It is both boring and comforting to know.

Updated list of things I love (in a randomly particular order):
K <3
My parents & brother
Movies! For posterity, there is this thing called MoviePass that is so awesome, but completely and utterly unsustainable
Traveling, next trip is to Universal to see Harry Potter galore!
Softball (even though I don't play anymore)
Music
Art
Food (a little too much, started WeightWatchers last week and am down 3 pounds, so is K!)
My friends who are like family

I still know money isn't everything, but it sure is helpful. I still love to be the worker bee and not the boss, but have become more vocal about my needs. I still want to be a parent to a foster/adopted child, but have a strong desire (for K) to birth a child for us.

Let's see if I look at this again sooner rather than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment