Friday, July 13, 2018

Still Angry

Still so very angry even after a good night's rest. How do you let go and forgive someone who betrayed you or someone you love? I know that I would hear a rational answer from my church friends/pastors: pray and give it up to God. Just makes me want to dig my heels in even more, I am and always have been pretty rebellious against authority figures (sometimes passive aggressively). I've done things I'm not proud of to people, in particular, I ghosted a friend that was overwhelming me and I was going through a rough time after losing my job and moving home. No good excuse, shouldn't have happened and wasn't very mature. I've also been a poor employee in the past. So, I guess I'm the pot calling the kettle black. 

My new perspective after this reality check is that most people, especially those that are closest to us, have the opportunity to hurt and disappoint us deeply, so how much rope are we willing to lend to others after the pain of betrayal? 

No comments:

Post a Comment